Sapphire Grain Bait for Rats & Mice
- Formulated combining the attraction of premium cut wheat and whole wheat
- Active ingredient is Brodifacoum
- Appeals to both rats and mice.
- Sapphire grain is a single feed bait
- Fast acting – kills within a few hours of being eaten
- The new registration allows it to be used in and around buildings to deal with an infestation of that building.
Key Product Information:
- For rats: secure 45-60g of bait in covered, tamper resistant baiting stations, spaced 10m apart
- For mice: secure 10-25g of bait, in covered, tamper resistant baiting stations spaced 5m apart.
- Baits must be securely deposited in a way so as to minimize the risk of consumption by other animals or children. We recommend a bait box to minimise the risk.
- Sapphire Grain Safety Data Sheet
Think Wildlife CRRU Regulations
To ensure that rodenticides are used correctly and in ways that will minimise the exposure of wildlife it will be more difficult for everyone to buy professional baits in bulk.
New regulations will come in to place from September 2016 once the new stewardship label products come in to stock.
Anyone wishing to purchase stewardship label products will require proof of competence at point-of-sale.
This can be either a certificate from an approved training course on rodent control or, until December 2017 for farmers, up-to-date proof of membership of an assurance scheme whose audited standards include a requirement for safe and effective rodent control. To find out the latest CRRU approved certification and farm assurance schemes please see the Think Wildlife (www.thinkwildlife.org) website. Please see the following link for ways to obtain certification.
If you already have proof of certification or your farm assurance scheme membership please email or post them to us along with these forms:
- CRRU Approved Certification Declaration – This is for anyone with Proof of Competence Certificates
- CRRU Aligned Farm Assurance Scheme Declaration – This is for anyone with an approved Farm Assurance Membership Scheme number