Red Top Fly Bag
- A unique and safe product, non-toxic, simple to use and chemical free.
- Place around your livestock and poultry sheds or stables.
- Requires sunlight and warmth to get going and once set up will begin working within a few days and last up to 12 weeks.
Flies can be a real nuisance at any time of year, but they are particularly so during the summer months when they invade our homes, farms, smallholdings and stables.
Now at last, there is a safe and effective way to trap and deal with them
How to use:
- Remove the cap at the top
- Half fill the fly bag with water
- Replace the cap, ensuring it is clipped securely in to place
- Hang the trap outdoors in the sun, following the ‘Where to use’ instructions below
- Throw away the trap when full and replace with a new trap if necessary
Where to use:
- Hang the trap outdoors on trees, strong bushes or pillars, in a position with good sunlight
- Hang the trap around 15 mtrs away from living environment, and 5 mtrs from suspected breeding ground (for example, waste, manure or compost heap, chicken run)
- Ideal height 1.5-2 mtrs above the ground in an area protected from wind
- During hot weather hang the trap in a semi shaded area
- Hang the trap in direct sunlight when weather is cooler as flies tend to congregate in warm areas.
For optimal results:
- The trap takes 3 days to reach the height of its activity
- Use multiple traps in large areas
- Top up weekly with water and as the trap fills up with flies.
How to dispose of the trap:
- Slit the bag and drain in to a compost or garden bed, dead flies are rich in nutrients and so will add to the compost
- Or place the trap in a bin bag, tied tightly, and dispose in to a refuse bin