Game Cover Crops – Sorghum
Sorghum is a semi tropical, non cob producing, maize-like plant for game cover crops. It will provide cover throughout the shooting season. It thrives best in warm, sunny growing conditions and is suited to southern U.K.
Dwarf Sorghum and Intermediate Sorghum are the most popular types.
- Dwarf Sorghum has short sturdy broad leaved stems and a substantial seed head. Average height from 1 mtr – 1.2 mtrs.
- Intermediate Sorghum is useful as a windbreak around other game cover crops with an average height of approx 1.5 mtrs. (available to buy online!)
Please call us for a price guide 01308 485422 – there are options available!
- Tall, leafy crop
- Cob-less Maize-like plant
- Ideal as a windbreak to go around other cover. E.g. Maize
- Cover from July-February
Advice for sowing:
- Sow April – May when the soil temperatures are warmer
- Sow 8kgs per acre
- Sold in 10kg packs
- From approx £35 per pack