Game Cover Crops – Kale
Kale is one of the most popular game cover crops used today. Its well known for its strong, winter hardy canopy that provides easily accessible runs underneath.
We highly recommend Gamestay Goldeneye Kale – it is especially developed for the game rearing cover crops market.
- Hardy, strong plants for winter protection
- Pheasants and partridge with a canopy and relatively dry environment
Advice for sowing:
- Kale needs good fertilisation
- Grow at approx 1.5-2kg per acre
- Sow from April – June
- Sold in 1kg or 5kg packs depending on type
- From approx £10.00 – £23.00 per kilo pack depending on the variety and seed dressing